Saturday, December 12, 2009

Last Chemo!!!

Wednesday was Chris' last chemo treatment he gained 4 lbs and his white blood count was great so he was able to have his chemo. The hospital has a tradition that when a patient is done with their chemo they get to ring a bell. Chris waited to ring it until Friday after they took the pump off. Today is Saturday and he is veerrryyy sick he started getting really sick last night during scripture reading. We got to listen to Megan reading and Chris throwing up in the back ground:( He is also verryy tired, the poor guy slept on the couch last night because Katie and I are sick. I am wayyy excited my dad and I took my van to the dealership to get it fixed today. I will have HEAT!! It has been very cold. The mechanic said it would take 5 hours to fix and some parts, can't remember whats wrong just excited not to be a Popsicle anymore:) You don't know how much you miss it till it's gone. "All I want for Christmas. . . is heat in my van!" (sing along with me:)) Monday we didn't see Blind Side we were given tickets to the Jazz game by some very sweet friends (love ya:)) so I knew the movie could wait that Chris would love to go to the game. We had a great time we went to Crown Burger first and then the game. The game was really close all the way to the end. We were all hoarse from screaming. It was great seeing Chris upset and yelling at the referees, that's my guy:). Tuesday we had the missionaries over for dinner. They think we're crazy. We also had the stake president and his counselor come over and visit us and are dear friends that gave us the Jazz tickets brought over some gifts from the Jazz Bear - story - I teased my friend about how those in the "bloody nose" seats don't ever get anything. We're truly lucky to have such wonderful friends, they spoiled us rotten!:) Wednesday, Jacob had his baptism interview with the Bishop and then we went to tithing settlement my family made fun of me because I took a picture but hey, I'm pretty "camera/video happy" I take pictures of everything. I have definetly given up scrap booking. This week Rye has a choir concert, and Jacob will have his b-day party along with all of the other things inbetween. Tonight we start the 1st day of Christmas to a family. Hope we don't get caught:) We have a lot of fun trying not to get caught. I will send one of the children while I sit in my nice heated car- can't wait:) Today is also the 1 year mark. We found out one year ago today that Chris would not live a year. Lucky us he is still here!! Take care. We love ya. Ricki

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ricky I am so glad you still have your man on your side!!! Praying for you and the whole family daily...
LOVE YOU!

CHUCK & NIHAN

Anonymous said...

wow! it truely is amazing when you see God's hand in our lives. You have such a wonderful family! it amazes me to read about all the things chris is going through and then to read what you (Ricki) are doing on the side with the rest of the family. Ricki you are such a strong person. i look up to you with the things you are accomplishing even in these times of trial. keep it up!
I know your family appreciates all the hard work you are doing!
i love you and miss you!!
you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!

love always,
Brooke Alexander