Monday, December 7, 2009

Last Thursday we went to Chris' work party. At his work you are only allowed to go in once a year and that is at the work party. It is fun to see where Chris sits, what's on his desk (he had a lot of awards on his desk that he has forgotten to come home and brag about - I yelled at him:) etc. I realized that Chris only has verryyy old pictures of the kids on his desk and none of Katie so my goal is to get some pictures together for his desk. I bought the cutest picture frame from Walt Disney World this summer so now I just need to fill it. Ohh, and I realized that I had never given him any of the very nice pictures we had taken last December, Oops. Friday Chris was verryyy ill. He was suppose to take Taylor x-mas shopping but he just didn't feel well. Saturday he was a little better. After our ward x-mas party he took Taylor out to eat and then shopping. He came home very tired. Sunday he wasn't feeling well so he was going to stay home from church. Katie refused to go with me she wanted to stay home and be with Chris so I let her. One less person for me:) I spoke to the Bishop about Jacob's baptism (his bday is Dec. 24th) he told us we should do it that day. He finally talked me into it. I was against it only because I don't want to inconvenience anyone but boy would it be special to be baptized on your actual bday and Christmas Eve. The Bishop was very kind he said he didn't know how the ward turnout would be and I told him it doesn't matter the two most important people will be there (Chris and Jacob). All year things have set Jacob crying wondering if "his dad" would be able to baptize him or who would and all year long our families goal has been to get Chris to stick around until after Jacobs baptized. (Now the goal is to ordain Taylor a Deacon-1 1/2 years from now:) We are very pleased that Chris is still here life is very hard on him. Friday he didn't come home from work until 8pm because he had such a rough day at work (bathroom). I am so proud of him he just keeps going a lot of people (including myself) would not be working right now it's just to hard.:( For Family Home Evening tonight we are going to pick a family for are annual 12 days of Christmas and then we are going to see Blind Side I have been told by many people that it is a wonderful movie, that the little boy reminds them of Jacob and I remind them of Sandra Bullocks character. I guess Jacob and I are going to have to see if these are compliments or not:) Yikes!!! Wednesday is Chris' last chemo. WOW!! It's been along haul, 12 treatments. And it has been almost a year since we found out that he had pancreatic cancer. I still see the whole thing in my head like it was yesterday. We sure appreciate all the prayers and words of encouragement. Stay healthy. Love, Ricki

2 comments:

The Sants said...

You will love Blind Side!! It is one of my new favorite movies. :) (And on a side note....the spelling looked good in this one, but I wasn't really looking for any mistakes-I'll let Amy know.) ;)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that Chris is still tied to a bathroom but glad to hear that plans for the baptism and Christmas are moving forward. Let us know the details ... our family would love to be there to see the baptism :) You all remain in our prayers.

Ryan & Kathryn Ockey and family.