Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Yesterday Chris went back to work (WOW!!) he did OK but was very tired. When he came home he told me that he had been looking forward all day to the sing along. We had are free tickets to ride the Trax but after 2 trains went by completely full to totally stuffed we got in the car and drove to Energy Solutions. In all the years that we have been going we have never, ever, ever seen it so crowded. There weren't any seats it was FULL, FULL, FULL! We ended up leaving and going out to dinner. We tried to cheer Chris up but he was still disappointed:(
I just got home from playing "Santa's little helper" some people asked me to deliver some gifts to a family who needed some cheer (their dad died a year ago left 6 small children). I am so grateful they asked me to deliver them what a warm feeling I had carrying the beautifully wrapped presents and then to take them to someone who was so touched and grateful. The mother was crying, I was crying you could just feel the spirit. "Santa" thanks for making someones Christmas special including mine:)
Hope everyone is done shopping. I have to go out into the "mad house" and finish my Christmas shopping and buy food for the teacher breakfast I'm helping with tomorrow at the elementary.
Oh, 9am I have to try and text Chris to remind him to give himself his shot (I got a new phone - way to high tech for me, I keep calling people on accident - called Rye 4 times yesterday:)) Oopps! Take care. Love, Ricki

1 comment:

Aunt Wanda Wach said...

Oh, my...I haven't been on your blog for awhile and was shocked to see all that has happened to Chris (hospital), the kids...etc. Oh, my. But, I like stories with happy endings and as I read each blog, I could see improvement in each situation. With all you've got going on as a family, I was touched that you have been able to help other families who need help, too. I am sure the Lord is mindful of your good deeds and blesses all of you accordingly. May it be a wonderful Baptism tomorrow and a wonderful Christmas. Love you all, Aunt Wanda