Saturday, December 19, 2009

Where to start. .. last Saturday Chris was ill so he didn't take anyone shopping. Sunday only Megan and Ryan went to church - Katie and I were to sick and it was to much work to get everyone ready. Later that day Jacob was laying on his side on the floor and Katie came up to him and stuck a sucker stick into his ear. It bleed, I panicked. I asked our neighbor who is a nurse what to do - take him to ER? What? He said that there is nothing you can do for a ruptured ear drum that I should just watch for infection and check his hearing. I asked Chris and my dad to give Jacob a blessing to comfort me:) Monday, Jacobs eyes were blood shot so I kept him home. Later Monday night Jacob started throwing up. Tuesday, we had Chris' CT scan and the port removed and I asked my sweet mother if she would stay with two sick grandchildren. I just kept praying that she wouldn't have to clean up throw up (she didn't:). Chris and I went to Rye's choir concert at the middle school, Chris was a trooper he was ill but still went he had, had a long day. Oh, and when they took the port out he watched the whole thing!!! (incision, pulling it out aaawwwww! doctor said that Chris was the first to watch!) Wednesday, Jacob's eyes were still red. Thursday, I decided to take Jacob to the doctor because his eyes were still red and he was driving me crazy because he had plenty of energy to be at school. The doctor checked him out, we told her about "the ear" incident. She looked in Jacobs ear and found that the ear drum had been ruptured and that it was infected. The infection was coming out his eyes! He is now on three medicines- one eyes, one ear and Amoxicillin twice a day. Friday, I sent him to school he was worried about his eyes still being red so I went in and explained to his teacher. Friday night, I took 18 kids to a place called Jumpin' Jacks for Jacob's birthday party. I let Rye bring two friends, Tay two friends, and then we had cousins and Jacob's friends. Thank goodness my mom and sister were there to help me. Chris came for about twenty minutes. He was SSSOOOO sick! We sang happy b-day and had cake while Chris was there and then he went home. Meg and Rye delivered the 12 days of Christmas gift to the family that we are giving to and while door bell ditching this house Ryan slips and falls and hits his head on their stairs! "Get the boy a helmet!" When the rest of us arrived home about 9:30pm Chris was asleep on the couch (he's still trying to avoid getting sick). Chris asked me what are plans were for Saturday, I told him and then he said that "He'd just drive himself to the hospital tomorrow" I asked him what was going on and he said that he could tell that he had a blood clot in his lung. I immediately called the on-call doctor which Chris got mad about. He HATES the hospital (wonder why?) The doctor said go to the ER. Chris said in the morning. Saturday morning bright and early I called to speak to Dr. Whizenant who said that he checked the CT scan that was done on Tuesday and that it showed some shadowing which they thought could be pneumonia but now after hearing Chris symptoms believes that it is a blood clot. So we arranged everything the kids, ma, and pa to help us get everyone where they needed to go etc. When Chris and I arrived at the ER there was no one there, it was great. We had wonderful service and they had a note to be expecting us from Dr. Whizenant. When the lady asked for our co-pay I smiled and said we've met are out-of- pocket deductible "no money for you!":) It's to bad that he had the port taken out; they had to put an IV in his arm. They did an ultra-sound on Chris' leg because he told them that he had a clot there also. They started him on Levaquin (I think that's how you say it - it has been along day). He will get a shot of it every 12 hours. We do not know how long he will be in the hospital. 12 years ago he had a blood clot in his lung and he was in the hospital for about a week but the doctor says that things have changed. Could be just a couple of days. Megan and Ryan kept Chris company at the hospital this evening while I took everyone else to our family Christmas party. This is Chris' favorite party of the year he was very upset that he couldn't go. He told the nurse that he'd be gone for awhile, hee, hee. I sure missed him but was glad that Meg and Rye were able to hang out with him. My brother spoiled them and brought them dinner from the Cheese Cake Factory (spoiled!!) Rye decided that he wanted to spend the night at the hospital tonight. We asked the nurse she said it would be fine. Right now only kids over 14 are allowed in the hospital. Pretty cool to sleep at the hospital with your dad. Today I cried on many shoulders thank you for being there every one whose shoulder I "wet":) I am behind on Christmas shopping due to myself and children being sick. There would be no "Santa gifts" if it wasn't for my wonderful family helping me. I am saddened knowing that Megan and Katie probably will not get a turn to go out to dinner and shopping with Chris. Christmas is pretty darn close. Our family will probably also miss our annual sing along at Energy Solutions, we ride the Trax downtown for free, eat a hot dog and drink and sing Christmas carols its tons of fun. I just pray that Chris will be well enough to baptize Jacob on Thursday. Today I have explained to him a couple of times about dad and that he isn't going to die. That he will still baptize him. I am exhausted mentally and physically but I know that Heavenly Father will not give me any trials that I can't handle and that He will strengthen and guide me through these tough times. I love my Savior I know that He lives that He loves each of us and that He wants us to return home to live with Him someday. This life isn't easy, but I have been given the gift of being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I have faith in whatever the Lord's plan is for me and my family. I will not waiver, I will stand strong and do all that is required of me so that I can be with Him someday. I could never get through this without Him. We love all of you so much. Take care of yourselves and those you love, you never know how long they'll be around. Love, Ricki

2 comments:

David said...

He sounded pretty down when I called him last night :( Sorry you missed your party Chris, that really sucks. You are blessed with a wonderful family and a strong constitution. Hang in there bud. Marti, keep your chin up, he's still a year later and is still kicking!! :)

Anonymous said...

missed you at church.
I too, chose to do the home lovenox treatment some years ago. It was tramatic for me. but I wanted to be home with my family. My heart really pains to hear of all the problems you are faceing. I really do pray for your family every night. May God bless you better.
monte