Tuesday, December 1, 2009


I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. It's hard to believe that it is December 1st!!! Meg's ankle is doing well she started running on it again last week and she had a fun time at the Sadies dance at school she went with 8 other couples. They started the day decorating cakes, then to the mall for a treasure hunt went home got ready then went out to eat, to the dance and then went and saw New Moon (Meg's 2nd time!!:)
Yes, we still have the kitten- I know it is hard for all of you who know me to believe that it is still here but (I don't like cats!!) I prayed a lot about it (dumb thing to pray about for all of you who love cats) I don't want to "get rid" of it later on. My answer: "Pets are a part of mortality" how can you deny an answer like that I know I didn't think of it myself (I'm not that smart) so the cat is staying and I am going to change my attitude because Chris has always wanted a cat he grew up with cats- they slept on your feet to keep them warm. I grew up that cats stayed outside and were only good for catching mice. Two very different ways. And I have denied him a cat for 19 years so here goes another adventure. Everyone wants to hold "Aladdin" so we rotate him every 20 minutes. Chris and Aladdin are very cute. Aladdin sleeps right next to Chris on his pillow (can't stand the purring in my ear!) I know it's the right thing to do my Chrissie deserves to be happy and I can see that as he holds the cat. I'm sure it will be around for along time.
November 20th Chris tried camping with the boy scouts but came home late that night. He was cold, tired and there wasn't a restroom. He made the boy scouts dinner, helped them set up and then came home (yes, there were other leaders). His feet and hands are very numb right now he hates it; he says that he can't even feel me holding his hand:( He drops things and stumbles alot.
He had chemo on Monday, November 23rd. He lost 7 lbs!!! On Wednesday he had the pump taken out. He has been very sick and very tired since then.
We were suppose to have turkey dinner here Thursday with my mom, dad, sister and her family and my brother and his family but Katie decided to get sick Wednesday - fever, throw up, earache etc. so at 5:30pm Wed night I ran to the store to get all the fix ins for a turkey dinner for my family. I'm sorry to say that we left everyone in a lurch trying to find somewhere to go that had a turkey (my brother and his family ate out:) and we hardly saw Chris he was so tired and sick that he slept most of the day. Chris had to work on Friday at 6am he said he did OK . When he got home he went right to bed. Meg, my mom, and a bunch of others did the Black Friday thing I wanted to go but was afraid that one of the kids would wake up during the night and Chris would have to take care of them and obviously he really needed to rest so that he could work. Chris was ill Saturday but Sunday he managed to stay for the whole 3 hours of church which he hasn't done in awhile. Monday night Chris told me that "he's ready to check out" he can't take much more of this bathroom thing. I can't blame him I think it would be awful to be tied to the bathroom and I wouldn't want to eat either knowing that then I'd just need to use the bathroom. He does pretty good eating he just keeps loosing weight. He is getting very skinny he is now in the danger zone of weight loss.
Tuesday morning during morning prayer Tay blessed that dad would get better and not be sick anymore and would be with us forever - way to start the day!! Then. . . Katie said the dinner prayer and she blessed that "no one would pee on the floor and that dad wouldn't die" I wasn't hungry after that (and whose peeing on my floor?!!!!:) She is cute!
We are trying to plan Jacob's bday party but its hard because Chris will be sick for most of the next few weeks because of chemo on Dec 9th. My poor children are having a hard time with some things: the bday party and no xmas lights on the house. Chris usually decks our house out but this year he just doesn't have the strength. I try to tell them this over and over again but their poor little minds and hearts don't understand. I told them next year and Ryan said "maybe if he's here" I told him that if dad wasn't here we would definitely deck the house out in lights to honor dad (we'd all brave the cold and height). I have thought about doing it but I feel like I'd be taking something away from Chris and xmas is still far enough away that if he finds a little strength than he can do a few at a time. I don't want him on the roof though because of his balance he has a tendency to "sway" don't need another problem:)
"Another World of Warcraft addict is born!!" (that's what Chris is playing in the picture and the cat is trying to get:)
Love ya, Ricki

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, where's your home teachers? Have Chris call 'em when he feels alive enough and he can supervise them... tell them what to do and they put up the lights (or your local elders... ). After all, isn't he a professional supervisor?
:-)

Hang in there... isn't it just one more Chemo and it's all done?

love, thecliffordclan

Aunt Wanda Wach said...

That's a good idea to have the Home Teacher help with lights, or how about the Scout leaders since Chris has given so much of his time to the Troop? Uncle Ray is healthy and still doesn't do ours...he isn't much of a fun person when it comes to Christmas...sigh. Well, today is Dec. 9, so Chris is starting his new round of chemo today. Is this the last round?? I love that little kitty cat and it must give Chris a lot of comfort. Kudos to you, Ricki, for looking the other way and turning (trying to anyway) a deaf ear to the night purring!

Anonymous said...

Dear Chris and Ricki,

We love you both so much and think of your family often. I have been blessed with a miracle in my life, and my life has been exteneded. I pray the same for you , chris. But in the end, my prayers changed. and then the miracle came. I stopped praying for a miracle, and started saying mot my will, but thy will. It helped me tremendously.