Monday, October 29, 2012

Alright people, this is a QUICK blog:)  This morning I woke up stressed out about all that I need to do but after reading my good friends blog whose husband is doing chemo and lives on the east coast - dealing with hurricane Sandy.  I guess I will be alright "my hurricane" will only last a few hours.  Good luck friend:) 
Rye did well in state.  Next year:)  The day of State I let him drive the car to school.  When he got back to the school a .... parking ticket was awaiting him!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They said the school parking sticker (that I paid $20 for) wasn't attached to the window.  It was.  I had just been trying to be kind and I put a piece of paper behind it so that you could see it better. lol.  I of course went in and talked with them and then I took the piece of paper off the back:)
Chris and I voted the first day the polls were open for early voting.  There was a line (that's good:). Meg is voting today.  She's down here visiting us.  She's going to help drive us to the airport tomorrow at 4:50 AM and then "clean out r refrigerator" hee, hee.  While we are gone r neighbor across the street is going to (lucky for her) go to the mailbox EVERY DAY and see if Meg's call has come.  Meg texts me everyday at least twice, until I get out to the mail box.  I told my neighbor "don't give Meg your cell # unless you want to be bugged."  She had two friends who put in their papers one day before her receive their calls (going to Brazil).  so, she is hoping.  I've been debating on being a "mean mom" and taking the mail keys with me.  You know you just have this image of how things r suppose to go.  All the family sitting in the living room, cameras rolling..... all the anticipation, yelling.......excitement.........tears.......Skype just isn't the same:(  So.... now we have to take a poll to see where YOU think she might go.  I say Brazil.  YOU?
Chris' parents came back through after visiting their other children in Oregon.  fun to see them twice in one week:)
Katie, Jacob, Taylor and I  we went for a hike (Provo canyon).  We saw a moose, played in lots of water and on big trees and had a dog take the walking stick that Jacob had right out of his hand (owner did nothing!!!!!!! - dog as big as Katie)the hike was suppose to be 5 miles round trip.  We started out a little to late in the day so I started getting nervous so we turned around - didn't want to get stuck in the woods at night.  So we headed down before we made it to see the falls.  We were disappointed so... we went back the next day (hee, hee).  I asked Katie if she wanted to come - I was worried about her having walked 5 or more miles yesterday.  She came, but did plenty of whining - no one ever carried her.  After walking 5 miles we decided to turn around, (and seeing a HUNTER!!!!) So are hike was a total of at least 10 miles that day and we never got to the falls.  It was absolutely gorgeous!!!  The leaves and the fresh air - mmmm.  Refreshes a soul:)
Last week we had the strangest thing happen to us (I still think it might have been a dream).  As a family we went to the fabric store to get material for r costumes.  On the way home it was dark and raining/snowing.  I didn't see it in time but I hit a LOG!!!  It was big enough that it got stuck under r car!!!  I pulled over and tried to get it out.  NO WAY that thing was stuck!!!  Poor Chris, with a hurt back and it raining he got the jack out and jacked up the car so that we could get the log out from under the car!!!!  What a night!!!!
We are being characters from Jake and the Neverland Pirates (Disney channel cartoon) for Halloween.  We have been sewing like crazy.  Chris has done a fantastic job of making up patterns.  He made up a pattern for shoe covers that look like boots and a vest pattern (with collar) for one of the pirates.  Jake - is Taylor, Izzie - Katie, Cubby - Jacob, Me - pirate princess, and Rye and Chris r pirates from the show (can't remember their names).  Lots of work but a lot of fun.  It was fun sitting at the table working with Chris on the costumes.  something I won't forget:)
Went to the back doctor and got the OK that the stitches look good and that now he just needs to take it easy for 3 months.  I laughed soooo hard when doc said that.  Chris isn't going to take it easy!!  I call him the "vacation nazi!!!"  He runs us ragged!!  I always need a vacation after my vacation.  Even when the rest of us decide that we've had enough, he still goes - just by himself:) 
I think I pretty much have everything done - 18 teachers -check, SEP dinner - check, voted - check, packed - no, clean house - no (needs to be clean in case we die - don't want anyone saying I was messy - lol), cat - going to ma Ingles' house, mail key - I guess I'll give it to the neighbor:), .......... so many things to do - not much time.
Take care, Love ya, Ricki

2 comments:

ljaxon said...

My guess...the Philippines! :)Have fun on your trip!

Anonymous said...

I vote Philadelphia.

~Jason