Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Sooo, Meg is pretty much done with her papers:)  She filled them all out last night after seeing her Bishop and this morning 8 am went to the dentist.  I must say that this "is meant to be!!"  Yesterday, I called the dentist (Wed, only day Meg could go) they had just had a lady cancel not more than 5 minutes before I called.  Then this morning the dentist finds three cavities (where have we heard that before? lol) Meg begs him to just sign the papers and she'll come back next week.  He doesn't want to be struck dead so he says sorry (broke the girls heart) then the receptionist comes in and says that they've had a cancellation and that they can do it right now!!!!!!  After the dentist she got to visit with Ma and Pa Wach (from Texas) and 2 of their Chinese children visiting from China (they got to come for two weeks - headed to Yellowstone) for a few minutes until it was time for her doctor's appointment at 11am.  Doctor Hamp (who we just love - if you need a family doctor call me and I will give you his number- he's wonderful:):) gave Meg a clean bill of health.  He saw her before she went to China so he knew what shots she had before she left.  They ran the usual tests and then gave her a TB test.  Meg was verry, verryyyy bummed because with a TB test you have to come back in 24 hours to see if you have it.  soooo, she can't turn in her papers tonight like she wanted to.  poor girl!!!:)  Friday night her papers should be on there way to (hee, hee) Salt Lake.  Maybe she should just take them down herself.  It's been a whirl wind of a day and it's not even half over yet:):).  Oh, and Meg starts a new job on Monday in OREM!!!!  We are so happy to get her out of the canyon and closer to BYU.  That's why the rush to get it done today.  You really shouldn't ask for time off after starting a new job:) 
Poor Katie's cheek is still very swollen.  I held her most of the night.  She kept whimpering.  My poor, poor girl. They said it could take up to two weeks to heal.  Swelling will gradually go down.  (they were so nice they called to check on her today).  I cancelled next weeks appointment because of her mouth being sore (don't want them to have to pull on it to work on the other side) and just in case she hurt her cheek again she wouldn't want to go to school and I wouldn't want to send her in pain.  And of course everyone has to be healthy for Disney World soo, will do the other 3 cavities in December next time we are off track - lucky girl:)
The lady that hit me decided to just have me file a claim.  She wanted to pay instead of insurance and I told her that she would have to do the leg work because I was busy.  I gave her 4 days to do it.  She called me last night and said that she was to busy.  I'm actually soooo grateful.  I was trying to be nice but screaming inside knowing that it was going to be a lot of work for me.  She has Progressive and I've worked them before (LOLOLOLOL) and they made it sooo easy for me.  Drop my car off at the shop and the rental car is waiting right there for you.  When the car is fixed go back give them the rental and they give you your car.  Piece of cake.  I could use that right now (both ways - cake you eat and easy:):)  So, now I just wait for them to call me and will get my car fixed. 
Love ya, ricki

1 comment:

Wanda Jean Wach said...

Hooray for Megan not thinking twice about serving a mission once she heard the 19 year old change! Little miracles at the dentist's office, too, and that time in China was a good precursor as well. Things are working out it seems. Glad to hear that Chris is feeling better, but just wish ALL his pain would go away. I am hoping that Orlando will be a magic elixer for him...and for all of you. I guess Megan won't be going to Orlando since she just started a new job and has school. Glad about your car almost being done. Sorry about poor Katie-bug's swollen mouth..ouchie. That was a lot of cavities for a little one. Better hide some of her Halloween candy..lol. Glad things are normalizing a bit for you. xoxoxoxo