Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Chris is still on the mend.  Lots of pain but he can walk.  Can't stand for long and sitting is very painful.  He has only sat twice since the surgery (once to the Priesthood session and today to Rye's meet).  Today, Rye had regions for cross country.  He did great! First place.  He started out strong and ended strong.  Chris had told me that he was going to only stand in one spot and "yell" but he ended up walking all over the course:)   Very excited for Rye!!:)  Next week is State.

Rye, Chris, Tay, Jim, and are friends Randy, Nate and Jake all went to the Priesthood Session Saturday and then out to eat.  The other men reported that they sat on the stage and Chris walked around or laid down.  My Chris is such a trooper - knowing that this might be the "last priesthood session he gets to attend with his sons"  he goes even though it is very painful. (I know we say that all the time - lol).

Soo, because of Saturday's big announcement in General Conference Meg has been driving me CRAZY!!!  about setting up doctor and dentist appointments for her.  She's ready to go and serve the Lord.  Her roommate already has everything done!!!  While I've been trying to write this she has texted me multiple times to find out if I've set them up:)  She meets with her bishop tonight and tomorrow has appointments with doctor and dentist.  This shouldn't be hard on her.... she already has her passport (thanks to China), she had a bunch of shots (thanks to China) and she has had her wisdom teeth out already.  Goooo Meg!!!!  Oh, and she told Dakota (her missionary). Dakota's mother said that he probably wouldn't wait for her, but as I've tried to tell her "If it's meant to be it will happen" Now she just has to be patient enough to finish out the Quarter at school!!  (she is taking missionary prep right now).   Hard to believe but I could have TWO missionaries out at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I think I had better get myself a job!!!
Katie and Jacob went to the dentist this week.  Jacob no cavities.  Katie 6!!!!  Yesterday they filled 3.  Today she is VERY swollen still.  Dentist looked at her mouth and found that she had bit the inside of her cheek, making it hurt and that is why it is swollen - my poor girl!!!  Next week she will have the other 3 filled:( Funny story:  I tried to take her picture yesterday because she looked so cute (today I'm just sad) all swollen. She said "No, I don't want you to post it on the internet!"   Sooooo cute!!!!
Sad note:  The other day Jacob and I were talking and he was rubbing his neck, then he said to me "I think I have a tumor, I feel something like a lump."   BROKE my heart!!!!!!  I had to try really hard not to cry.  I touched his neck and reassured him that he was probably ok but that I would take him to the doctor if he wanted me to.  He said that he was ok.
I feel like I'm running around with my head chopped off but so grateful to be off track - it's made things so much easier. 
Tonight Rye works and Tay has scouts.  Tomorrow, I have a PTA meeting and a PTSA meeting and Jacob has pack meeting.  Thursday, Rye works and hopefully the kids and I will get in a hike before it rains Friday.
"The Lord will strengthen the back to fit the burden."  Pres. Monson
Love ya, Ricki

1 comment:

Colette said...

Meg is a rock star. She'd make a phenomenal missionary!! :) Good luck with your ever busy calendar, and I must say, your back must be VERY, VERY strong. Lots of love, always. :)