Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Well, Meg is finished with her paperwork and she doesn't have TB:)  Her papers have been sent electronically to Church Headquarters (this happened Saturday:) Sooo, will see what happens(already met with bishop:)  Only two things to worry about 1-If Meg can sell her apartment contract. 2 - Money.  It's $400 a month.  #2 has since been taken off the list.  Thanks to grandparents, aunt and uncle and a dear family friend we've got it covered.  She will need money for clothes, deodorant (hee, hee) etc.  but hopefully she can earn some money before she leaves and I'm sure that we can come up with a few dollars:) Shee is sooo excited.  One of her roommates just came back from a mission so she's been bugging her to tell her everything:)  Poor Meg has been sick the last week.  She started a new job yesterday but had to leave after only being there 3 hours.  Hoping she gets better soon.

Chris, is still in pain.  He went to church Sunday to teach his lesson.  During Sacrament he stood out in the hall for awhile and then asked me to take him home so he could rest til he had to give his lesson.  He had a craving yesterday for Del Taco so I drove him there. 

We got a rental car yesterday so they could fix r van.  2013 Ford Explorer.  fun, but I like my van better:)  We had lots of company this week.  Chris' mom and dad visited us and r crazy family:). 

Saturday morning Ryan ran into my room at 10 am and said that he was going to Homecoming (that NIGHT!!!) that he needed money for the day activity that they (and another couple) were leaving in less than an hour!!!  Going to Timpanogoes Cave and out to lunch.  It was awesome - all the kids ran to their rooms and grabbed their cash.  Meg $27, me $30, Chris $2.00 and Katie $15.  I told everyone I would pay them back later that day.  Funny story:  Katie told me that "if Rye used her money that I owed her $20"  I said "you only gave me $15"  "I know but you owe me $20!!"  I ended up getting her money in all dollar bills - I didn't fool her.  I ended up giving her $16.  What a funny girl.  The girl that Rye asked goes to a different high school, he met her the night before at a football game, they got talking and Rye found out that her boyfriend had dumped her just before homecoming that she already had her dress.  SOOOOO..... being the sweet boy that he is...... he asked her to his.  We were able to get a corsage and Rye double dated with his friend and the football team at Texas Roadhouse.  It all worked out:)  Crazy day/evening:)  Another funny story involving Katie (lol):  last night for family home evening we talked about the Word of Wisdom.  I read a part that said "if you smoke you could get cancer"  You should have seen Katie's face - she looked right at Chris - "you smoked?!" The face was priceless.  After we stopped laughing we explained.  She sure is a character - I can't image r life without her:):)
Tomorrow, is Ryes' big state championship race for cross country.  He switched shifts with a girl so that he could go to bed early tonight, and I've got carbs ready for dinner.  Weather is suppose to be awful!!  55 and raining. 
For the Literary committee that I'm on at the middle school we are reading - A Monster Calls.  The teacher that I'm partnered with emailed me and told me that it would probably be a hard book for me to read.  The mother dies of cancer.  I told her I'd have my tissues ready:) 
You all will be sooo proud of me.... I let Rye drive the car to work last night (Mostly I just wanted to stay away from that spot lol), and today to school.  I'm ssooo nice:):)
Kids are all out of school this Thursday and Friday.  Everyone goes back to school Monday - soo sad:(  We did make a really fun item while off track -  bow and arrows out of PVC pipe.  sooo fun.  Chris kept telling me "I was crazy" and that "I would regret making them" he's had a great time saying that to me - it really hasn't been that bad.  The kids/cousins/neighbors have had a lot of fun.  The worst part was going to the hardware store and finding all the stuff.  But the Lord sent an "angel" and he walked me around the store and helped me get all the stuff and do all the math so that I could make 9 of them. Hee,hee.  He, had a great time laughing also.
Love this one!!:)  "If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the piles and piles of laundry will disappear all too soon and that you will, to your surprise, miss them profoundly."  Thomas S. Monson
Love ya, Ricki

No comments: