Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sorry, I was sooo tired after getting Chris released from the hospital (they let us go at 9:45pm), getting him home and settled and finding out all the "things, I was suppose" to do for Rye and Tay for school that I went to bed.  Chris had surgery at 9:00 am.  It went well.  They fixed the disk between L4 and L5 and fixed the disk between L5 and S1. So they removed part of the disk that was pushing up against his nerve between a couple of vertebrae.  During the day he took pain meds and walked around the hospital floor.  Even though he was in pain he was sooo happy to be able to walk.  His right foot and calf are still numb but we hope over time that, that will go away. On more than one occasion on Sunday he was asked his pain level (1 none 10 bad).  One time he said 12 and another time he said 14:(  We are sooo grateful that he was able to have the surgery soo quickly and that he is in a lot less pain.  Yesterday, I called the insurance company to try and get an idea of how much being at an out of network hospital would cost.  My portion 40% and I found out that if I hadn't called -( I have to ask permission when being admitted to the hospital) they might not have paid anything (you have 24 hours to do so).  I'm learning a lot about r new provider.  Wish I didn't have to, r old one was much simpler.  That is why Chris had surgery yesterday morning and left that night.  He put his clothes on to go home about 1 pm. He was ready to go home - he hates hospitals.  Can you blame him?:)  He left without a prescription for pain meds, said ibuprofen was good enough.  I left a message with Dr. Rich's office (r back doctor) to have a follow up visit.  Today, he is in pain but handling it like a real trooper like always.  This could have been sooo much worse.  Thanks to my mom, Cherie (my sister), my dad, and Jim (my brother in law) they helped out sooo much we could have never done this hospital stay without them taking care of Chris, r house, the kids etc etc.  You're the best family ever!!!:)  Couldn't survive without you guys!!!!  Love ya tons.  Thank you also to extended family and friends for praying for us.  Thanks also for the goodies that showed up at r house.  We got a kick out of the ones that came to r house from Amy who brought us treats, dr. pepper, mountain dew and my favorite - waterproof mascara. LOLOLOLOL. You made my day:) 
Can you believe it's October?  We have a busy week but I'm good with that.  After being lazy for two days I'm ready to get moving:):)  We went to the ortho this morning for Jacob - he had a chain put on the back of his two front teeth to keep them from moving.  Went and got Tay a book for his language arts class from the library and then took it to him at school and then played on the new sky bridge by the middle school.  After I'm done here will put up Halloween decorations - I'm running behind:)  Rye works tonight and I will let him take the car (he works til 10- and maybe just to make sure my friends know that they are right - "that I'm crazy" I will follow him to make sure he does OK.  hee, hee) cross country practice (so glad that there isn't a meet this week - gives Chris time to recover), and Tay has scouts. 
Tomorrow, Rye doesn't have school because of parent teacher conferences 12-8.  Jacob scouts.
Thursday, Jacob and Katie have dentist appointments - time to see how their brushing lol., Tay has his parent teacher conference and Rye works.
Friday, Tay doesn't have school and Saturday I hope that Chris will be well enough to attend the Priesthood session and go out to eat like they always do.  My wonderful brother in law - Jim has already said that he would drive everyone and be there to help Chris (thanks). Now we can enjoy are off track time.
Keep the faith.  and as we say to r kids when they leave the house "remember who you are."
Love ya, Ricki

No comments: