Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Chris still continues to be in a lot of pain. His arms especially hurt. Right arm because of the mess up with the CT scan and his left because of the pick line. Today, he has kept himself awake all day not allowing himself to nap due to trying to get his body back on night/day schedule. Hospitals have a tendency to mess you up. Last night was CRAZY. Neither he nor I slept much. He paced around the house. Tossed, rolled, moaned and groaned, when he was in bed. Me being a light sleeper I didn't do well with this and frankly you know me I looovvveee to sleep in the middle of the bed so I had to get used to "being on my side." I did try to sleep on the couch but I didn't find it as comfortable as Chris does:) I can only hope tonight is better. I can honestly say that I am not a nice person (no wise cracks from the peanut gallery!) when I don't get enough sleep.
I left Chris for about 45 minutes to watch Katie today while I worked in Jacob's classroom. Then I asked him if he wanted run some "easy errands" with me:) He said "yes" so we went to the gas station first for a drink. Katie ended up getting a bag of cotton candy and an icee!!! Thanks Chris!! Drive up bank window, I dropped off dry cleaning and we all went into the grocery store (for a few items). Katie put pumpkin chocolate chip cookies in my cart. I took them out, she screamed and Chris bribed her with a princess book instead of cookies! Last time I take him to the store!!:) (or gas station!!:) My mom came over and watched Katie and Chris (hee, hee) while I went to the temple. Chris walked up the block to meet the boys after school. Chris also took Tay and Jacob to a used game store that they've been wanting to go to. What a nice dad:) Chris says that he feels like he is getting a sinus infection. Hope not. I do have two boys with yucky noses. Ahhh.
"It is our duty to be better today then we were yesterday, and better tomorrow than we are today." Elder Joseph Fielding Smith
Love ya, Ricki

2 comments:

David said...

Love you all, still praying for you. Hang in there Ricki. Tell Chris that Kenny and I said Hi. We'll come by the house when his pneumonia is better!!

Aunt Wanda said...

Even though it's hard to read of Chris still in pain and you both not sleeping well, it is pleasing to hear of some semblance of "normality" returning to your household. SO happy to hear of these progress steps--shopping, walking, sitting with Katie, etc. Hope you both sleep better tonight and that he doesn't anymore infections; pneumonia recovery is enough to deal with right now. xoxoxoxoxo