Saturday, March 26, 2011

How about a recap of last week?:) Monday, for FHE we went to see Tangled at the dollar movie (comes out this week:). Katie and I have seen it three times. Still love it:)
Tuesday, Jacob and I went to the eye doctor. No glasses for Jacob. We just wanted to make sure that his eyes were OK since when he reads he gets the first part of the word correctly but not the last. Now, we will "keep on him" and have him slow down. Later, Jacob had scouts.
Wednesday, Meg and Rye were suppose to have a track meet but it got cancelled. Tay went to scouts and passed out bags to every home in r neighborhood for the annual scout food drive. We also got to hang out with two of Chris' sisters sons. They came down from Oregon for spring break. It was fun seeing/talking with them. Crazy to remember when they were little, now they are so grown up. We took them out to eat, where they got to see "bad manners." Katie was all over them. They spoiled her with attention. We also had them help us look for trumpets (for Tay) on line. One of them plays the trumpet so I knew he'd be able to help us:) Also found out that one of them is going to BYU Provo this fall just like Meg. So, now Meg knows two people:) (the other is the girl she is rooming with - have to pay that fee next week.)
Thursday, Jacob and Tay had ortho appointments. Rye went to math lab and Meg track practice. I also called about a trumpet I saw on line for $45.00. Called and spoke with owner, asked the questions r nephew told us to ask (big one- "Does it have a mouth piece?" - kind of important:). We decided to go and look at it. I bribed one of Rye's friends who plays the trumpet to come with us (hamburger:). He said it was a good one. We paid for it and left. When we got out to the car Rye's friend said that it was a better one than his. I feel very blessed to have found a trumpet for so little money. Don't know if Tay will stick with it for more than a year but if he quits "no big deal." Tay has had a great time "blowing it." He has done everything Rye's friend said to do to take care of it (including cleaning the mouth piece:) We might have to start lessons before school starts because Tay is so excited. Came home and finished watching BYU game:(
Friday, everyone was home. I took kids to trampoline place for awhile to play. Chris wasn't feeling well so he stayed home. After trampoline place we went to an ice cream shop (Chris met us there) called Sub Zero. They put ingredients that you want in a bowl then add liquid nitrogen to it. Kids loved it. Comes out like Dip-n-Dots. Yum!! Poor Chris still wasn't feeling well so he just watched us:( Chris' shoulders aren't hurting as bad anymore (thank goodness). But he still feels weak and tired. He needs a haircut but says he isn't getting one because he wants to watch it fall out. Rye said that he would shave his head and give Chris his hair so that he could glue it on:) Ahhh.
Saturday, tonight is my last YW broadcast (trying not to cry) for eight years (when Katie turns twelve). Meg and I always go out to eat before conference and then to broadcast. I know, I know I can still do that just when it's the Women's broadcast but that will just remind me that I've gotten older (it's all about me:).
I got my list of books that I have to read for the Middle School Literary Committee that I'm on. Not to crazy about two of the three books. One, called Last Child in the Woods. So, far is about kids not playing outside, not in touch with nature. I don't know what 9th grade biology student is going to want to read it, I'm bored:) Tomorrow, Tay speaks in Sacrament on honesty.
Next week, pretty much the same as last week. Will just add a few fun things in because Tay and Jacob are home.
"Never give up, Never surrender!!"
Love ya, Ricki
Do you know what movie this quote is from? Hee, hee

1 comment:

Wanda Jean Wach said...

Glad you were able to get some computer time after all, Ricki, and update us on the busy week in the Wach household. Many good things going on. I enjoyed talking to both you and Chris this morning! And, I cheated and Googled the answer to your quote about not giving up...."Galaxy Quest" is a 1999 film: a parody of Star Trek and the cult following and conventions it has spawned. The movie is about the washed-up stars of a fictional 1978–1982 TV series called Galaxy Quest and an alien race (the Thermians) who, having no concept of fiction, believe it to be a "historical document." The Thermians have modeled every aspect of their society on the show, including building a fully functional replica of the show's ship, the NSEA Protector. The actors subsequently join the crew of the real Protector, with the Thermians under the impression that the actors really are their characters, to try and stop General Sarris, a villain who threatens to destroy the Thermians."
Huh??....beyond me, but sounds like a campy, fun film. lol