Saturday, March 12, 2011

Thursday, spent alllll day Prom shopping with Meg. She had a doctor's appointment and then decided that she would like to finish getting ready for prom instead of go back to school:) We had Chris and Katie meet us for lunch. Shopping is hard work.
Friday, Chris had a doctor's appointment to follow up on how he was feeling. He still feels rotten. He also decided that he was going to do the other chemo. He will start April 11th. He told doctor that we wouldn't do a PET scan before starting. I can't keep up with the boy!!:) I had my first mammogram. Not as bad as I had heard. Stinks turning 40!! After Chris and I's doctor appointments I took Meg to pick up her prom dress. She tried to change dresses!!!! I pacified her by putting a down payment on it for Senior Ball which is in May. I told her it wouldn't match her corsage (red flowers, silver and black ribbons). Dress silver and black. New dress she wanted HOT HOT pink and black - she will look gorgeous - IN MAY:) Then she made me take her to the mall to do "more shopping" she still needed accessories. I finally arrived home around 8:30pm. This prom thing is killing me:)
Today, was a great day! Started out eating breakfast with two wonderful friends. One lives in Vegas and came into town. Time got away from us and we realized we had been there for 3 1/2 hours!!!!!! (they like to talk - hee, hee) It was soooo fun. I am very lucky to have such wonderful friends. Love ya.
Came home and took Meg to get her hair done. Looked beautiful. She was very pleased. Started to rain before we left salon so I pulled car up as close to the door as I could and then walked her to the car with a piece of paper over her head :) Did I say I was going to be happy when prom was over? hee, hee. Came home she got ready. WOW!! is all I can say. Her date arrived in style - in a limo!!!! So, glad that his family (his name is Ben) and our family are friends. I told them to come over and take pictures. So, when the limo pulled up it was fun to see he and his sisters jump out:) Ben gave her a beautiful corsage - red flowers:) Ben had given me the agenda yesterday. He would arrive at 6 pm and that I was "allowed" to take pictures until 6:30 at which time the limo would leave:) We took TONS of pictures. They were both very good sports. Had video camera going and two cameras plus cell phone cameras going. Fun for the whole neighborhood-don't see a limo and two beautifully dressed people very often. From the "agenda" (I'll get more details in a couple of hours) Ben was taking her to the Roof in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and then to the dance which is at the State Capital. FUUUUUNNNNN!!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it.
Also, grateful to Tay's scout leaders who took the troop to Clark Planetarium where they earned their astronomy merit badge. Way to go. Tay was very excited. Thanks guys:)
Meg has decided that she would like to work in Disney World for the summer so Tuesday, Meg is trying out to be a Disney princess. They are having auditions in Ogden. We think she would make a great Snow White:)
Even amid the sadness we continue to have wonderful times. Life is good:)
"To hope when life is going well is admirable. But to choose hope when surrounded by despair; that is extraordinary."
Love ya, Ricki

4 comments:

Wanda Jean Wach said...

Oh, my our little Megan has grown up into a "Princess" in Silver and Black. Gorgeous girl....loved reading all about it, and the photos...limo, etc. What an exciting time for all! So grateful Chris could witness the momentous occasion. What a very special week-end all the way around. xoxoxooxxo

Kristi said...

What do you mean, "they like to talk!" Haha! You talked just as much! ;P It was fun! Love the prom pics. She looks soooo pretty!

bigbearclan said...

Ricki, you, Chris and your family ARE "EXTRORDINARY"!! I have been reading your blogs here and I can't help but be reminded of what a wonderful person you were. Now I see what an even more wonderful person you ARE!
I know Heavenly Father placed you in a position to meet and marry Chris because together you could produce greatness, and BE great! Thank you for your example... I do know you struggle thru all your family is experiencing, but, I guess Heavenly Father knew YOU could make it thru and be the strength you are to your family. I love you sista! Our prayers are with you, Chris and your beautiful family!

bigbearclan said...

BTW, bigbearclan is me... Jill Harris! lol