Friday, May 21, 2010

If you don't have a face book like me then here are the details for the Walk for the Wach's: Saturday, May 29th 9:00am Copper Hills High School 5445 W. New Bingham Hwy Price $20 adults, $5 Children $30 Family. Please come 20 minutes early to register. We are going to be dressed in Disney attire. (from the flyer)Megan's track team friends and a wonderful adult are sponsoring this. (This time and place are accurate. Face book is wrong will fix as soon as possible- sorry) GO GIRLS!!! Thanks!!! We can't thank you enough:)
Yesterday Chris had his 2nd chemo treatment. It was a long afternoon 1:30-6 pm. Chris and I played cards (I won both times:), talked with our friend from the cruise, Chris took a nap and I read Helping Your Children Cope with Your Cancer-light reading, hee hee. Chris' next chemo is June 3rd. We meet with Dr. Whizenant and we will meet with the social worker to set up hospice counseling for our family. Boy, do we need it. I have been overwhelmed this week by the kids emotions. Each acting out in a different way. Jacob is always getting hurt and even though it's very minor he acts as though he broke a body part. Taylor cries over very small things that usually he wouldn't cry over. Meg continues to go to the Temple twice a week but doesn't want to talk about it- I say something and she shuts me down. Rye is taking it out on others so that gets him in big trouble. Katie screams and cries a lot especially if I leave her. And they all seem to want me at the same time. Last night after we read scriptures I told them that I wanted to make sure that they knew that after daddy dies that we will still have this home, food on the table and clothes on our backs. I explained about Social Security and Life Insurance and how daddy has helped prepare us. I was reading in that book that, that is a very scary thing for kids, and our situation does look scary - I don't work. How do you pay bills? They all know that daddy makes the money and I sit around and watch TV and eat bon bons:) I didn't say anything about medical insurance. They don't need to worry about that. I have faith that this will all work out. I had paperwork sent to us this week so that we can put things in my name. Chris looked at his Life Insurance policy and found that you can take out half of the money before he dies (have to have letter from doctor of course). He wants to do that so that he can pay off the house and then use the rest to go places this summer. I believe that it will give him a sense of peace if he knows that he is leaving us totally debt free.
I went and had a physical this week. I told the doctor that if there was anything wrong with me that he was to "lie and tell me I was fine." I am lucky enough to have a sinus infection. Kind of ironic after me telling everyone else that "we can't get sick" that I end up sick.
Last night we went to a store (won't name names) to go birthday present shopping for Katie. I took my video camera in and was filming the whole thing when a manager came up and told me that "if I didn't stop filming he would take my camera" (Ohhh you messed with the wrong woman!!!) I told him why I was filming he told me to stop because it was store policy. Now did I listen - HECK NO!!! I was ready to pull the lawyer/media card. Media would love a story like that:) My heart was pounding the whole time so going bday shopping for me turned out to be more stressful than anticipated. The older kids were unhappy because Katie walked out of the store with a lot of bday presents. Than we went and got a chocolate milkshake - Chris was craving one:) I hope he isn't to sick and tired for tonight or tomorrow. We're keeping him kind of busy this weekend. Hope to see ya tomorrow.
Love, Ricki

4 comments:

The Nixons said...

Oh Ricki, my heart is breaking for your family. I don't know if you remember me, but I am Michelle Nixon. (formerly Sorensen) I was in your ward in West Valley. My parents are Jeff and Judy Sorensen. I read your story, and it hit so close to home. My husband has a chronic illness which sometimes I swear is cancer. I have had to take the role as provider for our family, and complain almost everyday about it. All I wanted in life was to be a stay at home mom as well, with a healthy husband that can work, and then come home and play with the kids, and teach them to do yardwork, and all the other stuff Dads do. Instead I wonder everyday how much longer my husband has, and if he will even get out of bed in the morning. He is always too sick to do anything with the family. I actually thought that we were going to lose him in January. After reading your story though, it made my heart break. I have been crying all day and praying for you. It made me feel like I have nothing to complain about. I can't even imagine what you and your family are going through. I wish there was something I could do to help. I have always looked up to both of you so much. You are both always happy and smiling and upbeat. You make the world a better place to live in. I love you guys and your sweet family. My prayers are with you always. You are so strong, and I admire you so much.

Stephanie said...

Hey Ricki! Amy Carbine lives right across the street from me! She sent me the flier for the run and I am sooo excited to see you guys! I am not sure if you remember me but I used to watch your sweet little kids, megan and ryan when they were babies!!! wow how time has flown!!! I am sooo sorry to hear about chris! I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father that has aloud us to be with our families again! I am so sad for all the struggles that are ahead with the children but you already know who to go to for help with that:), I am taken back with all the little things I have been complaining about with my life and children I could not imagine what you must be going through! If there is anything I can help you with let me know! I look forward to seeing you at the run! Love Steph(Sorensen)

Ariane said...

Hey, I guess this is the post for the "Sorensen" girls huh? lol
I just have to say thank you for sharing your story! I'm inspired by your strength. You're kids are so lucky to have such an amazing mom! I know many people have offered their help but I'm just down the street and I'm here for you! I also look forward to seeing you at the run! :)
Love, Ariane

Aunt Wanda Wach said...

Hey, we are with you in "spirit" even though we can't run...I am lucky to be able to "walk" anywhere! We are sincere in our offer to have you cme down to Disneyland for a family vacation and stay at our Wach Hotel!! Thinking of Chris on his birthday today...will call later when all of the partying has slowed way down--if that happens...later tonight. Love, Aunt Wanda Wach