Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Yesterday I wanted to keep my children home from school and make them hold me (and me hold them:). I didn't only because they have CRT testing and I can't do that to their schools. The testing is to important this is one time I can't be selfish even though I realllyyy wanted too. Instead I tried to stay in bed all day but sweet Katie kept me hopping. It was very sweet she made me lunch, a glass of water and a peeled banana. Everything reminds me of what is to come. Today I started crying during my aerobics class because of the song that was playing. Hard to "release tension" when you're crying. And I cried reallyy hard when I realized that my Verizon phone is probably the last fancy phone I will get and soon I will have a "plan" just like the rest of you. No more being spoiled by employee discounts. Jacob has already showed his teacher that he is upset. He was goofing around in class and his sweet teacher teased him and told him that if he didn't settle down he wouldn't be able to go to Fun Friday activity. Well usually he would have just smiled and then stopped but instead he burst into tears.
Yesterday I did call and schedule dentist, orthodontist appointments and physicals for scout camps. Got to be done while Chris is somewhat well. It's hard to believe that he looks so good you would never know that something was wrong with him That there was a horrible monster attacking his body inside-taking it over.
Our Stake President is coming over tonight to talk with our family and give us each a blessing of comfort. I sure could use one.
Thank you for all your comments (even though they make me cry). They mean a lot to us.
love ya, Ricki

3 comments:

Katie said...

Ricki, This is Katie Thomas, Helen Fleck gave me this link. I know I've been out of touch but I've thought of you and Chris so much. Please send me your email address when you have a chance. I'm praying for you. My email is kwm2006@gmail.com.

Kristi said...

So sorry it was a bad day... I've cried along with you in Nevada. You've done an amazing job thus far Ricki. You and Chris have taught your children well. Lots of hugs from our family to yours!

Aunt Wanda Wach said...

I appreciate your blogs, Ricki. It is good for all of your readers to be able to share vicariously in your lives...to laugh with you in the funny moments as well as cry during the sad times. We are all in this life together and need one another in various ways and at various times. There IS strength in numbers. Please keep writing and I will keep reading...and praying. Love you all so very much.