Sunday, March 22, 2009

Chris is still in a lot of pain. I can usually tell when it’s really bad because he takes his pain medicine:) He is still not sleeping well at night because of the feeding tube and pain. Yesterday someone left a Frito on the counter and Chris ate it, who knows what will happen to him. Poor guy, we need to be more careful. Tomorrow I am going to turn my garage into a picnic eating area. I am going to get our picnic table, umbrella and lawn chairs out (maybe even some x-mas lights). Also a friend is going to let us borrow his microwave (mine is built in). I hope this will help with the food issues and still eating together somewhat as a family (no Chris) and bring some fun to an unusual situation. Yesterday Jacob was very cute, he told me he was ok with eating cold pizza because he didn’t want dad to feel bad (Ahhh). Our sweet cousin Dale has come over the last couple days and played with the kids. They enjoy him very much, he loves to play DS, PS2 and Wii and he has lotttsss of games. What more could you ask for? I made him come with us to dinner and Target last night, though he’s probably not going to come over ever again. One of my children decided to throw himself down on the ground in the middle of Target and cry (not Katie – though she was crying also because I wouldn’t get her any candy) because I wouldn’t buy them new shoes (not Jacob). I laughed as hard as I could fearing that I would have a melt down right there in the store, leaving Dale even more mortified. We have a crazy life right now and I am praying verryyy hard for patience (he has never done that before in his life). Megan asked me why I don’t let her drive very often and I told her because I have no control over anything in my life right now, and driving the car gives me more control than if she was driving (I don’t have a brake on the passenger side like the driver’s ed teacher). Poor girl. I am very much looking forward to our trip to Disney World in May. We are going May 18- June 1. Chris wanted to be there for his bday. We are staying in the Caribbean Beach Resort in pirate decorated rooms (we love pirates). A very sweet family that we met in the hospital has offered to help fund are trip. WOW! (No I didn’t mean World of Warcraft for all you junkies:) What a blessing it will be if it happens. Last year we went to Disney World but we had saved our pennies and didn’t go into any debt. This time is different. You do what you gotta do. I hope it all works out. It would be another miracle to add to are list of miracles that we have received. May God bless all of you with what you need. Miracles do happen. We love you guys. Love, Ricki

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are thinking of you every single day!!!

Nihan & Chuck

Anonymous said...

Be sure Chris takes his pain meds on schedule, if he waits and takes it when he hurts more it isn't as effective. I know getting a Wach to do anything he doesn't want to do can be a trial in and of itself but it will be so much easier on him if he keeps it in his system. Thinking of you always. Much love,
Marla and co.

Jim Bob said...

Pirates!! I love pirates!! Aargh;)