Friday, March 27, 2009

Yesterday morning Katie and I went to a Council PTA meeting thinking that Chris would be able to have some peace and quiet. But that's not how it works with this family. The elementary school called me on my cell phone during the meeting and told me that Tay was sick. I'm thirty minutes away from him so I call Chris to see if he's well enough to drive up and get him from school. He said he could do it. I called the school and told them that Chris would not be coming into the school and to have Tay watch for him at the front doors. Then he could go and tell the secretaries he was there--of course I told the secretary what color our car was etc. . . I left the meeting early so that I could get home and take care of both my patients. Next year, I won't have to go to so many PTA meetings. I won't be the president anymore. I'm doing something easy - Volunteer Coordinator (Ahhh, easy:) Chris didn't get to walk much today because of the weather. He's going stir crazy having to be in the house. Last night, Ryan, Grandma and I went to his Court of Honor for scouts. He has earned his Life rank. He also received the Denistry, Indian Lore, Personal Management, Genealogy, and Golf merit badge. He is three badges and a project away from being an Eagle Scout, so if anyone has any ideas we'd love to hear them. We were thinking a community blood drive and health fair (all about cancer awareness:) But we'd love some ideas--or if there is a need where you live and we can help, let us know. Chris is the Scoutmaster and would love to see "his boys" become Eagles before he passes away. The Court of Honor was hard to be at without Chris. The other leaders did a great job but something (someone) was missing. Usually, when the boy advances they have the mother and father come up and the scout puts a pin on his mother. I missed my Chrissie. Last night was his time to shine because of all the hard work that he's done with the boys. He would never want credit that way, but he deserves it. Scoutmaster is a lot of work but Chris loves it. When Chris and I were dating I told him that I loved camping. But I lied! I really don't (he, he--I just wanted him to like me) so I've always been glad when he is scoutmaster so that he can get all that camping out of his system and still love me even though I lied:) Anyway, last night was emotional for me. Maybe someday I'll stop feeling sorry for myself :). Love ya, Ricki

3 comments:

wjlarsens2 said...

As a mother of an "almost" Eagle Scout, we appreciate Brother Wach so much for all he's done for Alex. There is NO WAY that he could have done any of that by himself--especially the 50 mile bike ride! We love you guys and pray for you daily. Love GINA

Jim Bob said...

I think a cancer awareness fair is a fantastic idea for an eagle project. Perhaps, somehow, involve children/teens with cancer and the Huntsman group. This has the potential of having a tremendous impact on our community.

Aunt Wanda Wach said...

Thank you for taking the time to record your family events. We need to hear them..the ups and downs, as well as the good times. I didn't realize you were still PTA Pres, Ricki. I recommend you for the "#1 Juggler Mom" now...somehow you are doing it all. When Brian and family visited you at Christmas break, Brian and Chris probably had a lot to talk about since both are "Grade A" Scoutmasters. That's great reat news about Ryan's Eagle Scout goal. We are big on Scouting in our family, so share in the pride you must feel for him, and for Chris as a dedicated Scoutmaster. Scoutmasters are indeed very "special" guys with big hearts and a huge work ethic.