Monday, March 16, 2009

Today we took a step backwards. He has been in tons of pain due to his stomach. They took him off his pain pump this morning. He tried having some orange Jell-O, grape juice and some pain meds by mouth but a couple hours later he threw them up. Which reallllllyyyy hurt. They then gave him pain medicine through his IV. He is again taking insulin. Tomorrow they told me that they will train me to test blood sugars and give insulin at home. (Thank goodness I have experts all around me if I need help.:) He hardly slept today due to the pain. This afternoon they showed me how to fill, monitor, unclog and manage the feeding pump. When he comes home IHC Home health care will come and give us another lesson when they set it up. He also had another chest x-ray we will find out the results tomorrow. The kids were supposed to come up tonight and have dinner and family home evening but he asked that they not come because of the pain. He hardly walked today and when he did he didn’t talk to anyone it hurt so badly. This is a hard blog to write today. I sit helplessly by and watch the person that I love suffer. How I wish I could take some of his pain. Love, Ricki

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My name is Brian Hart, a co-worker and friend to Chris. He was my supervisor for a season as well. More importantly than that, we share the same faith as does your family. I am praying for all of you with all my heart and one of many who has submitted his name to the temple. I've prayed for a miracle for all of you and believe it will come true. Not so easy to see on days like Monday, but now is the time to exercise great faith. The Lord will bless you, but obviously not without trial. God bless you all. I wanted to visit, but this will do.

Azaelia said...

We all do Ricki. We all wish that we could take his pain away. Tell Chris that the Morgan Family misses him and hopes for a good recovery.

Audrey Morgan

Anonymous said...

I know how difficult this is for you Ricki ... I have felt the same way before. Trust in the Lord and know that He knows of all our pains and sorrows and is there to lift our burdens.

I'd like to be able to come visit Chris but don't want to be there if he is not feeling well enough for company. Let us know if there is anything we can do. You remain in our prayers.

Ryan & Kathryn Ockey and family

mbeck said...

Chris, Ricky and Family,
David and I pray for you every day. Our family also prays for your recovery. Our son, Phil, and his wife are expecting their first baby (little boy) in just a few weeks and my son, Jon, will be home on leave soon. We are hoping to be able to come visit at that time. Your name is being placed on the temple rolls by many, so you are in many prayers daily. Be strong - we love you!
Mary Ann & David Beck (and Sievers kids)

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Filipe. Everyone calls my Fili here at work. I am a supervisor with Chris on his current AD team. I've had a few conversations with Chris about all of this before he went out. Please let him know that he is in my family's prayers. He is a HUGE example to me both because of his work ethic but also his faithful example! He is a great man and we can't wait to have him back! Besides softball season is coming up.

Unknown said...

Ricki, He has engraven thee upon the palms of His hands. Even all of us put together cannot love you more than the Lord does.
I think that Heavenly Father wanted, in His heart, to honor His son's request to let the bitter cup pass from him, just as you want to take Chris' pain for him.
We will pray for His comfort to be with you as well as Chris and your children.
Love ya,
Kelly