Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Today was just as bad as yesterday. They did give him a morphine pump so that he can control his pain medicine. He walked around three different times. They took out the catheter but would have to put it back in if he hadn’t done his business by 7:30pm. He wasn’t able to so the catheter went back in:( The kids have not seen Chris since Sunday. He has just felt too awful. My dad stayed with Chris last night and will again tonight. And my mother is taking care of the kids. Incase you might be wondering Chris’ mom and dad are in China where they are teaching English at a University (don’t ask me which one). I know they’d be here helping wrestle with the children or making sure that Chris was comfortable at the hospital and I know they are hurting just as much as we are. Some good has come out of all of this. . . I took my scrap booking stuff to the hospital today where I proceeded to try to catch up on 6 years of Jacob and start a scrapbook for Katie:) I'm not to crazy about scrap booking but Chris doesn't want any noise or light so I needed to find something to do. We have also met some wonderful people. There is this wonderful family that gives me hope that one day all of my children will get along. They are a great example to me. They have been so kind to Chris and me. They even helped me carry in my scrap book supplies (you’d think I was moving in). Thank you to all of you who are taking care of my children (church leaders, school teachers, friends, family etc) this is hard on them. They are each acting out in a different way. I’m afraid to come home at night. I’m either being loved to death or yelled at. I love them so much and I hate to see them hurting. Pray for a better day I know my kids want to see their dad:) Love, Ricki

8 comments:

Azaelia said...

Hey Ricki,

I'm really sorry that Chris isn't doing all that well lately. But he will get better and he will be his normal happy person again. I hope that everything will go alright with him and your family. Your family will be in my prays.

Audrey Morgan

Anonymous said...

hey Ricki!

im so sorry chris isnt doing well =/ just keep your head up and have faith in the lord. he loves you and your family so much. please tell Chris he is in my prayers as well as the family. i miss you all! and i love that picture of you and Chris! Ricki you are beautiful! and Chris looks really good in that pic also ha ha =]

love you all o so much!
Brooke
Alexander

Kristi said...

What an uphill battle you have all gone through! Those pictures are amazing and I seriously can't believe how much Taylor and Ryan have changed! You two don't even look like you've aged a bit! Way cute! Thanks for sharing! Thanks for posting updates. We are constantly thinking about your family and pray for your strength and comfort. Don't worry... your kids are normal!! Have you ever heard of digital scrapbooking? Collette Bomsta told me about it but I have yet to try it... I'm years and years behind to so props to you :0) Love you!

Anonymous said...

This is a low valley that Chris and You are walking in right now, but this trip must be part of the journey back up to the top of the hill where you will once again see the sun rise again, and life will be less painful and the family will be able to see Dad again. For him to be in so much pain is understandable considering what they did to him in surgery. Right now he is probably wondering if it was worth it, but in his heart he knows it was. Pain is not a pleasant companion and can make everything appear out of kilter. Please hang in there..your scrapbooking idea sounds like a good one. I am grateful your parents are there to help you so much. You couldn't to this without them. We pray daily for Chris, you and the kids. We love you so much, Aunt Wanda

Anonymous said...

After I wrote my last "comment", I thought of a special quote that has helped me through times of adversity and want to share it with you:

"God does notice us, and He watches over us. But it is usually through another mortal that He meets our needs. Therefore, it is vital that we serve each other." - From President Spencer W. Kimball and quoted by Elder Richard G. Scott at the April 1996 General Conference.

I thought of your parents and also of that special family in the hospital who have helped you in so many ways, plus your friends in your ward, etc. God IS watching over all of you.
Love, Aunt Wanda

Nathan and Trisha said...

Hey Ricki and Chris,
Your family is in our prayers daily. Any help that is needed don't hesitate to call. We love you guys and take care.
Nathan and Trisha Bailey

Unknown said...

Ricki,
Recovery sucks. Not only for the patient but also the family. Levi was in the ICU in Provo for just over 3 weeks then they moved him to inpatient rehab at the IHC facility in Murray for 4 weeks. Our stake president came down to Provo the day after the accident specifically to give me a blessing. I wish I had thought to have our home teachers give blessings to my children at the time. It really is what kept me going. I truly would not have had the strength otherwise. We also had a lot of support from family and ward members and from Levi's co-workers. It was amazing.
I am now on the other end of things. I am in my 3rd week of recovery. I have a lovely 8" scar and I can't cough, sneeze, or laugh without a lot of pain. I mention this only because I think about what Chris has had done and how much energy it took to get to this point. I can't imagine how much Chris must hurt and how exhausted he must feel, or how difficult it is for you with small children at home. But it will get better. Don't feel guilty about where you can't be. You can think of this as your Olympics. You've been in training for years. The race is not new to you but this particular turn is a little tricky. Remember to pace yourself and know that you have a huge fan club cheering for both of you.
Love you lots,
Kelly and family :)

Trista said...

Love the pictures! You guys have a beautiful family. I'd love to have Katie come over and play with Sabrina, and Sabrina would love it anymore. Seriously!