Saturday, March 14, 2009

Today they went ahead and took the catheter out but as of now it’s not going to well. Dr. Ott ordered food through the feeding tube in Chris’ nose. We started out at 20 cc but his stomach was hurting so they took it down to 5 cc until the on-call doctor could come and look at him. They decided to send him to be x-rayed and then they did an ultrasound. Are biggest fear is that his stomach won’t work. And right now it also seems that his bladder isn’t doing its job either. He did walk around about 10 times today, made me watch ESPN, and visited with all the people in the hall as we did are laps. (I’ve been trying to convince him to go the opposite direction when we’re out walking but he insists that we go the same way every time). :) The kids, aunts, grandma, and cousins all came and saw Chris today. Ryan said “hello” to Chris and then left the room and waited in the waiting area until everyone left.:( Hopefully, we can get that stomach and bladder working. I’d rather die than not be able to eat chocolate and drink Dr. Pepper. He,he love, Ricki P.S. I want all of you to know that I do know when to start a new paragraph its just that when I write this in Word and then move it to the blog it puts all my words into one big blob.:0)

4 comments:

Doug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Doug said...

Blame it on Word. If WordPerfect had won out, it would probably do what you want it to. :)

Glad to hear that Chris can walk around the floor and visit with others. Hang in there - things will work out.

Anonymous said...

Sure do apprecite these updats, Ricki. I remember when Uncle Ray was in the hospital for 20 days, it was therapeutic for me to be able to write an e-mail update each night when I returned home. Sounds like each day brings new struggles, but the love and support of all those around you (sent by Heavenly Father) will see you through it. xoxoxoxo Love and hugs, Aunt Wanda Wach

Daily Dimples said...

You guys are amazing! You are over coming challenges that I can't even comprehend! You are always in our prayers and we think of you often.

Pee on!! I mean...right on!
Amy Carbine